PROFILE
profile here.
bold strikethrough underline italics
LINKAGE
link
link
link
link
CREDITS
layout by
leen.
©
leen. 2009 - ∞.
please do not remove the credits, if you are respectful and not dumb.
date:Thursday, July 30, 2009
time:10:28 PM
title:Assisting in Delivery
Baby out, time? BP? Placenta out, time? 8D
These words are what you mostly here in Bangkal Lying-in. Especially when you're inside the delivery area.
It happened just a while ago around 5:00 am.
The schedule of our duty, sad to say is the night shift which means our time sucks in the normal lying-in. But for us in OB Ward, and our time is 10pm to 6am? Our labor watch is pretty damn good.
10:00 in the evening.
I was assigned in the OB Ward to take vital signs: BP, Temp, Respiratory rate, Pulse rate, Pain scale and to check if her uterus is contracted. Now, contraction as I learned is very important, to know if she may have bleeding or not. Because if the uterus is dilated, excessive bleeding may occur and that is a No-no to our maternal patients.
After taking her vital signs, I noticed her baby wasn't that type of cranky baby or the one who's always crying.
I asked permission to carry him. His name by the way is Luis Gabrielle. Gaboy, is what my twin wanted to call him. And out of humor, I wanted to call him LuGab! :))
I was carrying him and doing cord care to him, it was so fun! :P
While we were waiting for our two waiting patients to deliver their baby.
Early morning came.
Mummy #1: The one who handled actual is my grrr aka Camille Sanchez, observe is twin aka Danielle Tatlonghari.
We were playing the the babies in the ward when all of a sudden.
"Mag rubber shoes na kayo, dali bihis na. Sterile gloves? Mask? Net?"
Turns out there was a recent admission that was already in delivery.
It was my turn to assist in handling the mother. I have to check the time for Baby Out, Placenta Out & Episiotomy done plus monitoring blood pressure.
I felt so much joy when I saw the baby being delivered plus in the ward while we were cleaning the cord of our first baby patient. I was so thrilled and happy that I reached this part of BSN.
And now, in the field I appreciate nursing more than just studying and having quizzes.
I may say now, that I am so deeply in love w/ nursing 8D
Viewers? Shocked to read this? Haha.
Turns out peoples choices change because they want it to.
Not because of faith or someone, but because it's their choice. 8D