i got a feeling
that tonight's gonna be a good good night
PROFILE
profile here.
bold strikethrough underline italics
LINKAGE
link link link link
CREDITS
layout by leen. © leen. 2009 - ∞.
please do not remove the credits, if you are respectful and not dumb.
date:Thursday, June 18, 2009
time:7:39 AM
title:Return Demo
First day of our return demo, all of us are very anxious and nervous at the same time. Anxious because finally, you'll get a chance to do injections that will lead to your capping. Nervous because you're only a student nurse and you'll be giving a shot to your classmate, what more if it's a patient, right? ü

We're already grouped and look at that we got the Foley catheter insertion first. I know it's easy, I mean you just have to prepare the sterilized materials, put on a sterilized glove and start the catheter insertion. But when I got to the room, I got a chance to watch my classmate before me, so the chances of the clinical instructor repeating what she'll remind us will decrease. After my classmate it was my turn already.

My heart pounded so heavily and also my breathing pattern. The C.I. asked me what was the indications needed to use a Foley catheter and what are the materials needed in an insertion. I answered them all, but I got mixed up with the materials because I was so freaking nervous. Bad start, oh shiiiiiiiiit.
When I finished the procedure, my score was good at all and I was so thankful. I'll study more and learn how to relax more in times like this.

The next part of the return demo was a big shocker, we have to do an intradermal and intramuscular injection on our classmates. This is what I'm talking about in my introduction.

Let's skip to the part when I was about to inject a sterilized syringe with a saline solution.
I prepared the materials, introduced myself and told the patient the procedure of what we will be doing. My partner was very cooperative while I was the one who's nervous. I'm so afraid that I may hurt her a lot. I told her "Ma'am relax lang po tayo and hinga ng malalim" when I said that, I was the one who inhaled so deep and they laughed.

Oh my gaaaah! This is the time that I'm the one who's being injected. I was already panicking because they told me that it hurts a lot. I'm the type of person who's very afraid of needles. I don't know why, but my pain threshold is very small/ little. When the needle was inserted to my deltoid intramuscularly, I sang the alphabet and got stucked with the lettter E. I was singing "A B C D E E E Eeek!" T^T

Next we're on the Intradermal injection and so far all of the student's reaction was "Ay nako, goodluck! Ang sakit!" -- very encouraging, right?
When it was my turn, I called my friend Nikolai, to hold my hand cause I was really panicking and white. I was so pale and tears started to fall down already just as when the needle was inserted 15 degrees in my skin. When she pushed the solution, "OH CRAAAAAAP!" I squeezed Nikolai's hand so hard and I was like crying buckets of tears. Haha.

Regarding with the pain scale, the one that hurts the most was the Intradermal but with regards with the duration, Intramuscular takes the prize -- it lasted for almost 2 hours.

This is where I end it already, because I have to go to sleep. Have return demo again at 6am. Pray for me I get the enema and newborn suctioning correct ü